Jocelyn's Other Desk

The writings of Jocelyn Smith, aspiring author, soon-to-be lawyer, once and future politician, all-around opinionated twentysomething.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I'm a lawyer in Florida, working on three novels, a screenplay, and half a dozen pieces of fanfiction at any given moment.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

T Minus 14--And The Bar Application Barrel Of Laughs...

Went to bed early, had an attack of exam anxiety, was up doing Florida Corporations practice questions at 1 in the morning.

Got about halfway through the set and realized this was NOT going to calm me down. So instead started digging out old tax returns to work on my Bar application.

The Bar Application is not the same as the Exam Application. The latter I have done. The former is what smart people get done before they graduate law school--way before if they know from first year what state they're going to practice in.

Well, I ain't that smart. (I also didn't expect to go back to Florida.)

So now I'm trying to dig out all the assorted addresses of where I lived for a few months back in 2003 and the supervisors of my jobs when I was a teenager. Argh. And I'm missing one box from moving that has a bunch of my financial record stuff. Argh again.

Dang nosy bar examiners!

Technically I have until 90 days after PASSING the Bar to get the Bar Application in, but the Character & Fitness evaluation takes 6-8 months.

The wheels of justice grind slow, and the wheels of the Bar Association grind even slower.

And make no mistake--it's us between those wheels!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home