Jocelyn's Other Desk

The writings of Jocelyn Smith, aspiring author, soon-to-be lawyer, once and future politician, all-around opinionated twentysomething.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I'm a lawyer in Florida, working on three novels, a screenplay, and half a dozen pieces of fanfiction at any given moment.

Monday, July 10, 2006

It Never Ends!

When last we met, friends, I was but a lowly law student, teetering on the edge of a nervous breakown with papers to write, chapters and chapters to read, exams to pass, half-wondering if I had a prayer of graduating.

NOW...

I have graduated.

And now I am but a lowly law school graduate teetering on the edge of a nervous breakdown with the Bar Exam to take.

Ugh.

Yes, the Florida Bar looms in 15 days. Studying is my life, terror is my middle name. I'm one of the only takers in my class whose job is contingent on passing the July 2006 Bar. (Insert profanity of choice here.)

Why should life get any easier after we survive law school?

Chief Justice John Roberts was our Commencement speaker. He told us that we'd already done the hard part, that the Bar Exam was "just a formality."

He lied! LIED!!! AAARRGH!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if I'd trust all those people who claim they have more than one opportunity to pass the bar. Not so much that they're lying, but I think their firms might have misled them.

When I was scoping out the firms (at least the ones here), there were lots of apocryphal tales of people who failed the bar but got another chance...but nobody had actually met someone who'd done this. The best I got was, oh, yeah, there was someone like that here. And where are they now? Oh, they left the firm. Mm-hmm.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn Smith said...

Gee thanks, that makes me feel better! (sarcasm) ;-)

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, sorry. I am in the negative bad space right now. :)

11:27 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn Smith said...

No worries. We're at T minus 2 weeks; it's happening to everybody.

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Does anyone know the essay subjects that were tested on the Feb. FL bar exam?

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home