Jocelyn's Other Desk

The writings of Jocelyn Smith, aspiring author, soon-to-be lawyer, once and future politician, all-around opinionated twentysomething.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I'm a lawyer in Florida, working on three novels, a screenplay, and half a dozen pieces of fanfiction at any given moment.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Methinks Thou Art Quite Two-Faced, Master Goldberg.

M'dear old friend Lee Goldberg began a post that I quite agree with--about the familial inclination toward ignorance of American poverty and suffering that runs rampant among the stinking rich and sleazy Bushes.

Naturally, as political discussions are wont to do, the conversation takes a turn for the heated. But well-meaning people can believe different things very strongly and disagree, right?

So Lee decides to moderate:

I've deleted some nasty messages between individual commentators. I know it's a heated issue, but please, let's keep it civil.

Funny, fanfiction is a heated issue too--moreso on Lee's blog--but Lee never once deleted nasty messages between individual commentators, even when there were four-letter words being delivered and extremely creative epithets being used to describe fanwriters.

Oh, the irony.

I wouldn't be irked if Lee allowed unmoderated mudslinging in all discussions, and I certainly don't dispute his "right" to do whatever the hell he wants on his own blog...just doesn't reflect particularly well upon him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn Smith said...

I AM PERFECTLY CALM!!! ;-)

Though I can safely say he never deleted the ones that dumped shit all over me.

I dunno, it's not that I can't take all the nastiness people can dish out and then some, it just bugs me.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home