Jocelyn's Other Desk

The writings of Jocelyn Smith, aspiring author, soon-to-be lawyer, once and future politician, all-around opinionated twentysomething.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I'm a lawyer in Florida, working on three novels, a screenplay, and half a dozen pieces of fanfiction at any given moment.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Print-On-Demand Wants ME--Again!

Didn't we go through this song and dance a few weeks ago?

Dear Jocelyn,
My name is T---- R-----, Marketing Manager for Xlibris Corporation. I sent you an email about two weeks ago.

Ah, thank you for the clarification. I wasn't interested then, and I remain uninterested.

And as I stated before we came across your name at Blogger and thought you might be interested in self-publishing. I like to send out a follow up email message just to be sure I didn't overlook you the last time. If I did fail to include you on my previous email correspondence, my apologies.


You did, and I seem to recall that I clicked on the little thingy-doey requesting no further emails since I am emphatically NOT interested.

I've included contact details below should you require more information. If you have no interest in our company or services please click here and you will receive no further correspondence.
Funny, I did that last time, and yet here you are again.

I would like to take the opportunity here to let you know that we are offering some incredible specials for this month only. One of those specials I am especially excited about as it is a brand new product for us and we are offering it for free for this month only. Publish with us in August and get your very own tailored website featuring your book or books. For further details regarding this and other specials please visit our website www.xlibris.com or call a publishing consultant at 1-888-795-4274. You can also order a publishing kit online by clicking here. I thank you for your time and look forward to working with you.

I don't. Thank you for wasting my time yet again. What part of "no" don't you understand?

Sincerely,

Jocelyn C. Smith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home