Jocelyn's Other Desk

The writings of Jocelyn Smith, aspiring author, soon-to-be lawyer, once and future politician, all-around opinionated twentysomething.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I'm a lawyer in Florida, working on three novels, a screenplay, and half a dozen pieces of fanfiction at any given moment.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

In The Wake of Katrina...

Below are links to some especially good articles, columns, and op-eds that I think are worth reading about what people are learning from the Katrina crisis. I'm doing my best to include material that I don't necessarily agree with, but that is well-thought-out. I'll be adding to it as more good stuff comes up.

The Nagin Interview: A transcript of an interview with New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, September 2nd.

The "Stuff Happens" Presidency: Washington Post columnist Harold Meyerson discusses the failings of the Bush administration's philosophies, organization, and execution in the context of Katrina. (Requires free registration with the Post Online, but well worth it.)

Partisan Squabble or Dereliction of Duty?: Another Post column on whether the reaction to Katrina is about politics or accountability.

Homeowner Associations Say Evacuee Families Not Welcome: And in my hometown newspaper, no less.

The Much-Circulated "Guardian" Article: About the failures of preparation efforts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn Smith said...

Miss Jocelyn Smith quite agrees.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home