Jocelyn's Other Desk

The writings of Jocelyn Smith, aspiring author, soon-to-be lawyer, once and future politician, all-around opinionated twentysomething.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I'm a lawyer in Florida, working on three novels, a screenplay, and half a dozen pieces of fanfiction at any given moment.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Squeal! New Copyright Assignment!

The case on which I first investigated the kinds of damages a copyright plaintiff can claim is rolling along, and now I am investigating the definition of "author" for purposes of Copyright Law.

And I am very excited.

I am SUCH a geek.

Since I know those individuals with whom I am currently duking it out over whether copyright law includes fanfiction will be interested, I shall post any relevant findings.

(Heads off to dive into my beloved Nimmer.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

ooOOo I hope you find answers soon. I'll be waiting to read about that...

(btw, have you read EB White's The Trumpet of the Swan?)

8:52 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn Smith said...

Argh, no I haven't, although I probably subconsciously remembered the title when I started writing the story!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home