Jocelyn's Other Desk

The writings of Jocelyn Smith, aspiring author, soon-to-be lawyer, once and future politician, all-around opinionated twentysomething.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I'm a lawyer in Florida, working on three novels, a screenplay, and half a dozen pieces of fanfiction at any given moment.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

The first syllable of my name is not pronounced JOYCE, dammit!

Tee hee! Amusing that the part of Tono Rodone's latest salvo to which I take most offense is his inability to pronounce my name correctly even in writing.

My name is Jocelyn, Tono, not "Joycelyn." It's pronounced "JOSS-uh-linn." Although it does mean "joyous," the word "joy" is found nowhere in the actual pronunciation!

(Chuckle) As to the rest of it, I rather like the idea of being "Joce sells linen" (I've been called worse things," and I suppose your assessment of me is correct:

Whilst a law student, I most likely will not complete my novels. Hey, you try researching and writing historical fiction in between moot court practice and studying, not to mention the rest of your extracurriculars!

Good ol' Tono, what will he think up next?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn Smith said...

By the way - I swore I was going to discourage you from acknowledging the guy. Pretend I didn't write this. Also, stop baiting him. There's something wrong with him. Really wrong.

(Pout) I know...but it's so much FUN screwing with crazy people!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn Smith said...

(Grumble) I never get to do anything fun! (Sulk)

8:37 AM  
Blogger JD Rhoades said...

Whilst a law student, I most likely will not complete my novels. Hey, you try researching and writing historical fiction in between moot court practice and studying, not to mention the rest of your extracurriculars!

Wait till you start practicing, doll. You think you don't have time now...

3:49 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn Smith said...

Wait till you start practicing, doll. You think you don't have time now...

I'm already doing the summer associateship, and even after a twelve-hour day (which I've done several of in the month I've been working here) I could still write at night if I didn't have dang school papers to work on!

What little free time I have has always gone to writing. It's very aggravating when I wind up with a new obligation that forces the "free" time to be squandered on schoolwork rather than stories. I'll be glad when I'm done with education.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home